Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursdays!!!

Hey there Hey,

A happy throwback Thursday it is over here on my side of the Empire! Ever had something you would look forward to as a child that you did with your friends or your family or even sometimes both?!? It could've been a weekly, monthly or yearly thing. Almost like a "tradition" or a "ritual" to be more fancy like. Well here in casa Rafael, Momma Lioness, (nickname my girls gave me for when my hair is in its naturally wild curl habitat. LOL, like right now) tries to focus on creating fun filled memories with the FAM!!! We know that it isn't what we say that they remember, but what we do and how we make them feel.

So of course you all know that here in the Sunshine State, Especially in Good Ol' Hot and Humid Miami, it is important to constantly stay hydrated. Those days when the temperature hits up to the 3 digits can be scorching hot and well, the only one thing other than water that comes to mind on a hot summers day is.....?!?!? Can u guess what????

A SLURPEE!!! And every year on 7/11 at 7-eleven, they have free SLURPEES of all flavors for everyone to try!!! AMAZING. It's so nice to see certain occasions sometimes that bring the children and families of the community together. Our family has been doing this ritual for about 4 years now. OK, so of course, my favorite flavor is cherry, but since I really do not drink alcoholic beverages and was craving a certain frozen drink in particular I just had to make my own Non Alcoholic Miami Vice!!! Yes at 7-eleven. Very parent friendly I must add. (wink wink) I mixed half strawberry and half piƱa colada and called it an afternoon. Luckily there wasn't a line til after we were done and refilled a couple times. What I enjoy getting most out of this tradition or ritual is the time I get to spend making these awesome memories with the people that matter to me the most. The ones I hold very dear and close to my heart and any tradition really is worth the giggles and love!!! Oh and the brain freeze in this case!!! hahahahaaa =D

Here's to 7/11 Slurpees at 7-eleven 2013!!!








xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment