Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simple Sunday

Hey there Hey!

Hope it's been a nice easy going Sunday in your little nook of the "blogosworld". I can say today was a smooth sail day. So smooth that I was able to whip up a little creativity and make something unusual other than our take out, delivery Sunday's ritual.

Remember in my About Me: Behind The Scenes post, I mentioned creating a "recipe" tab...? I found today's dinner would be the perfect start. As a full time mom, lady, wife, business owner, etc...Coming across short cuts in a day is a definite must and a plus! So there is this website, I don't know if you guys have heard about, named Pinterest, (filled with so many blog links), that has become my new best friend. I am so thankful for all the great information and all the great people that are willing to share. It has actually inspired me to share as much as I can with you in my blog.

Part of today's dinner idea was inspired from a "PIN" I came across. Today's dinner was Baked Potato's with Garlic Chicken. Of course since the ideas that I generate from Pinterest are always infused with "my big fat toe in it" the recipe for the potato's have been tweeked with some of my own pazzazz!


For the potato's I used red ones with the skin. I diced them and then had them soak in chicken broth topped with a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and some salt and pepper before I put them in the oven to bake. Then they were topped with some sharp cheddar cheese, bacon bits and sour cream! For the chicken I simply marinated it with my traditional chicken seasoning, garlic with some sprinkled salt, and used the good ol "casuela" (spanish for pot), to cook and brown them in. It has been my most recent discovery that chicken cooks to its best in a "casuela". The chicken gets browned but stays tender at the same time without drying. Making the chicken all nice and juicy flowing with flavor.



The total cook time including preparation was 25 minutes!!! Can you believe that?!? Lovely!!! Even gave me some time to sip on Sparkling Red Grape with the hubby.



Hope you enjoyed your Sunday shared with the ones you hold close to your heart! Don't forget to stop on by for some weekend recovery and check out SimplyyMayra from Ponder Wonders and link up on Soul Food Monday's to a quick meal for the soul.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment