Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Britney aka Chuni Wuni, Britbee Jenx, Roocha/Roochi

Hey there Hey!

Hoping you all are having a morning as spiffy as your coffee, tea or maybe even cafe con leche!!! Today is a very special day for me. It is my eldest daughter Britney's 10th Birthday!!! It is amazing how quickly time can pass you by. One minute you are holding her in your arms ever so tenderly for the first time ever and the next minute you are trying to hold onto to their hands as long as you can, before they tell you "MOM!!! Really?!?!?" LOL Well in my case I am LUCKY because my daughter is the cuddly affectionate type and well I should be taking a lot more advantage than what I have been lately.



I was 19, when I found out I was pregnant. I remember feeling overwhelmed with JOY and CONFUSION all mixed up together. No matter how much you can agree that you are ready to have a child or plan for one, it's always like a box of chocolates! (as Forrest would say) LOL You really never know what you are going to get and even still after 10 years and 2 more children after, it's still a mystery. Parenting doesn't come with a manual, nor an instruction sheet and all you can really have is FAITH and HOPE mixed with the perfect amount of LOVE and pray that things turn out for the best!!! I knew it in my heart though from the very beginning that Britney was meant for me. She has lit up my world even in my greatest darkness and no matter how troubled her life can be at times, (while she goes through the normal adolescent phases) she always manages to have such a cheery disposition. I honor her spirit and not just today but I want too everyday!!! As parents we tend to forget that they too our their own people and that somehow we have to find that right balance where we are holding onto them as we let them GO at the same time... Don't know if that made any sense to you guys?!? o_O I have pasted a quote I came across and its perfect for what I am experiencing with Britney right now.

“We let Willow cut her hair. When you have a little girl, it’s like how can you teach her that you’re in control of her body? If I teach her that I’m in charge of whether or not she can touch her hair, she’s going to replace me with some other man when she goes out in the world. She can’t cut my hair but that’s her hair. She has got to have command of her body. So when she goes out into the world, she’s going out with a command that it is hers. She is used to making those decisions herself. We try to keep giving them those decisions until they can hold the full weight of their lives.” 

So grateful I found it, for it has made me see things from a different perspective and I truly look forward to really getting to know my daughter and who she really is. Giving such great meaning to our relationship as mother and daughter <3 I have been so blessed these past 10 years!!!

With all that being said, (sniff sniff) I am going to HONOR her today by posting "10" posts that show off her charisma, spunk, sweet and wild, DRAMA QUEEN personality. I will show off some pictures and share how much of an IMPACT she has made in my life throughout these wonderful 10 years! I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD AND WELL I AM GOING TO FIND ENDLESS WAYS OF SHOWING IT TO HER <3

For now THANK YOU all for stopping by and sharing what is a tender moment to me on this very special day!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment