Monday, August 27, 2012

Happiness is a Journey



Hey there Hey!!! 
Hope every one's weekend went well. After all the hectic preparing for tropical storm Isaac, being stuck at home all day and night with lots of rain and gusty winds, having the kids and the hubby home all weekend and, with me today on a Monday.... I must say I am ready to take a breather and just relax myself into creative thoughts. 
I came across this post called: Soul Food Monday by SimplyyMayra of Ponder Wonders and decided I wanted to participate!!! What you have to do is just "simplyy" post up a picture along with any inspirational quote. I LOVE inspirational quotes and daily devotionals. Nothing like some good old words of wisdom to carry your thoughts through out the day. 

The picture I chose was a famous one painted by the artist Salvador Dali called: The Persistence of The Memory. It kind of looks like he is trying to resemble time and how it melts away. Which is perfect to go with one of my most all time favorite quotes!!! I swear to you that since I have come across this message, I have shared it with everyone that has crossed paths with me in any way. Especially with any loved ones or family of mine. I live by this quote and feel so strongly towards it. It has truly helped me to see life from a different angle. I will mention more detail in my About Me, coming really really soon!!! But, for now, I will leave you with some good old words of wisdom to help you carry your thoughts through out this day..... 
"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - Real Life.
But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first,
some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.
At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.
Happiness is the way.
So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination!"
Souza
Ttyls, xoxo

I also linked up with: 
  

7 comments:

  1. There are several Salvador Dali pieces I love and this is one of them. Your chosen quote speaks truth! We are creatures of "I'll do it tomorrow" or "I'll do it as soon as I finish this" or even "I'll finally be happy when I accomplish this". In the midst of it all, we miss out on the journey itself...life! Inspiring! Thanks for sharing it! Tootles!

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting and your quote. Thanks for linking up.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah & anytime!!! Can't wait to check more of your blog out =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes SimplyyMayra, you are right!!! It's the journey & I am so glad I can share it along side with you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete