Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kale Love

So we all know that a couple post ago I mentioned my attempting to change my eating life-style. Being completely honest, it's been a daily struggle. I wanted to also share as much possible about my progress, recipes, tips and all the effort put in between. I have been walking for about 2 weeks with a friend of mine and we have reached up to 3 miles in 45 minutes. Again a daily struggle to schedule reasons, but I am pushing it! This morning I decided to finally open up my new juicer and break it in. To my surprise it was quick to assemble and use. I chose to keep it simple, since it was my first actual time juicing on my own. I use to often and still sometimes do get my juices and smoothie fix at "fresh" place called Robeks

Black & Decker Juicer from Walmart
So I went with some kale, carrots, bananas and strawberries. I put them in the juicer and watched it pour. It was over all a great experience. My girls enjoyed the example being set so I was even happier! I think next time I will however add a little more fruit, but it was very very good and filling. I had enough energy to allow me to watch a movie kids, catch up on some work, write a few post and spared me some time to even BLOW DRY my hair and its only 5:30 in the evening! Wooohoooohooooooo I have also been able to manage my snacking binges since I have not felt hunger spurs through out the day. Definitely sticking to this!


I hope to give inspiration to many of us going through the same things, so please feel free to comment and share anything and everything that is on your mind regarding your health, struggles or if you have any suggestions or advice feel free to do so and share. Together we will make it through.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment