Friday, September 27, 2013

A Baptism and Birthday Celebration!

Hey there Hey,

Good Morning and Happy Friday! It's still a bit too early to know what the weather is like on my side of the Empire, but I predict a nice breezy day that will allow us to finally welcome the fall season. (crossed fingers) Anyhoot, it's been a pretty busy week for the whole family but in spite the rush and chaos that can come from our day to day living routine we always manage some how to come together and celebrate as a family. (a true commitment from the heart we promised to one another) In this post I have the privilege of sharing not one but two special birthdays and a baptism! Triple Whammy!!! Talk about Joy!!!

Both my Hubby and Son share a birthday which landed on Monday, 9/23/13, this year, so we went with Sunday, 9/22/13, which was the day that my husband and MIL were scheduled to be baptized. I swear that I have been praying for this day since forever and while I might have wanted it to happen a lot sooner I know that now was the perfect time for it to finally happen. I have learned to be patient and trust in my Lords time! I am truly excited to see what plans he has for my family and grateful to feel like certain pieces are finally becoming aligned. It is so true when they say GOD always 1st, (& in putting HIM 1st you are putting YOU 1st), Family 2nd and then the rest just has a funny way of playing out perfectly.

It was a very emotional day for me as I have been married to my Kahuna for 8 years now. We have been through so many milestones together both good and very bad and I feel as if we have grown up together. I don't know if I am expressing it correctly but it's like a special bond of friendship. A code of honor to one another and at this particular moment nothing else mattered but being able to share such a memorable experience side by side in spite any differences or mishaps. It was a right here and right now kind of moment.  He was declaring his commitment to the LORD and I was there to support and cheer him on!!! Made me feel almost teenage like. LOL You know when the hormones are just starting to mature but still overwhelming at the same time. (yeah! I'm blushing) And, just to add the icing on my cake along with sprinkles and a cherry, being able to share with my son on his birthday in celebration of his growth and progress makes me such a proud and honored Mother. It makes me feel blessed and truly happy!!! Hey it was a weekend that allowed me to celebrate LIFE!!! I want weekends like this all of the time. (crossing fingers & toes for this one) (wink, wink)


Here are some pictures I was able to take of such a special day! Wish I would've taken more pics. There were some of us that were not able to join us but we know were there in spirit and in heart!





































No comments:

Post a Comment