Thursday, April 3, 2014

Autism Awareness Month

Hey there hey,

I do hope all is well! The sun has yet to rise on my side of the Empire, but I still love the time change. This year seems to be going by quicker than last year as we are already entering into April. Almost half into the year already. (yikes, hand over head) Anyway, April is an important month to my family and I. It is Autism Awareness month and yesterday, April 2nd, was National Autism Awareness Day; where you light it up blue in honor of your loved one with autism in hopes to spread the awareness. Girls wore their autism hair bows, Brenden himself was wearing blue shirt, Daddy rocked his uniform in blue and even Abuelita Jones represented with her scrubs in blue. I wore the shirt we bought from last years Autism Speaks walk event that is in blue and says I Love Someone with Autism and I sure as helk do!!!

It was such a nice day overall that I was even able to bake some good old from scratch baked sugar cookies in puzzle piece shape.(Recipe soon on blog) We haven't yet decorated them all but I wanted to share what we have so far. Love cooking and baking and making things from scratch. Something about homemade that just makes sense. We are actually also trying the gluten/casein free diet for Brenden & other healthy foods which works out for me and my tummy issues and well it just benefits the whole family. It's what inspires me to cook and bake from scratch so much. I will share another post soon to come on my journey so far on transitioning to a healthier lifestyle. These cookies mean a lot to me. They not only look fantastic but they taste great and are a great source of nutrition for the kids. They made a perfect ending to our nice day well spent!


Cookie Dough rolled out...


Cutting out Puzzle shape!


Chilled & then put in oven to bake....


Voila!!! Right before they get dressed in yummy icing...


one of the final looks! Autism speaks, lets quiet down and listen...


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment